$1000 Sign on bonus for external hires
LabCorp is hiring a Technologist Trainee or Technologistto join our Molecular Microbiology lab in Burlington, NC. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment. Assays performed in the Molecular Microbiology area include Qualitative and Quantitative PCR, with the overall goal of providing results that can be used for the diagnosis and management of a wide range of infections using real-time PCR detection of nucleic acid. We are currently looking for someone who has or is looking to gain experience in PCR testing for this entry level Molecular Microbiology position.
This is a great entry-level opportunity to join an innovative laboratory and receive targeted one-on-one training that will help the individual grow their career in the clinical laboratory field!
The schedule for this position will be: Tuesday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:30pm. 10% shift differential offered! Responsibilities:
- Receive specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately
- Perform testing on biological samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples making measurements and calculations
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report
- Maintain, calibrate, and clean instrumentation; perform scheduled and as needed maintenance and critical function checks recognizing significant changes in instrument function; trouble shoot as indicated.
- Perform required QC/QA duties including: following quality control rules; monitor controls for error detection and take corrective action; maintain laboratory records, maintenance logs, quality control charts, reagent and standard logs, and worksheets
- Perform SRS and reference accept functions as required
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science as required by CLIA
- Technologist Trainee level: No previous clinical lab experience required
- Technologist level: 1+ years of clinical lab testing experience required
- Technologist level: 4+ years of clinical lab testing experience
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Color blindness testing required
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today! Shift
- 1-4+ years of experience in a Clinical Laboratory preferred
- Noted academic or professional experience in PCR, Microbiology, and/or Molecular Microbiology
- ASCP Certification a plus
2nd shift (Tuesday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:30pm)