Business Development Manager - Environmental Site Mitigation Services
Location: Flexible, nationwide
The ideal candidate will have previous business development/sales experience within environmental consulting, commercial real estate, or related field.
* Develop new sales opportunities through cold calling, setting appointments, and selling the value of AEI
* Research new accounts and attend local networking events to obtain client leads
* Maintain client satisfaction by understanding AEI's technical capabilities and client needs
* Responsible for meeting sales goals
We are seeking a professional, dedicated, enthusiastic addition to a collaborative office environment with the following experience, skills and attributes:
* 5 years of business development experience specifically selling services related to environmental consulting, which include Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Phase II Subsurface Investigations, remedial investigations and feasibility studies, and risk assessments, among others.
* Existing annual book of business between $1 and $3 million with ability to grow upward of $5 million specifically in these service lines
* BS or BA degree in area related to engineering, business, or marketing
* Strong communication skills
* Sales and goal oriented
* Competitive attitude with demonstrated achievements in business
* Professional, high energy, self-starter
* Exemplary customer service and relationship management skills
* Ability to remain detail-oriented while working at a fast pace
* Proven ability to proactively develop client relationships utilizing cold call and outside selling techniques
* Experience in Commercial Real Estate and/or Commercial Financial Lending preferred
* The work environment is indoors, in a typical office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to manipulate, handle or reach; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally be required to stand, walk, balance, kneel or crouch. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
AEI Consultants is an employee-owned international consulting firm that provides comprehensive services to commercial lenders, property owners, managers, tenants, and developers, industries, institutions, government agencies, and insurers, including many Fortune 500 companies. These services include environmental, property and facility assessments, zoning and energy consulting, site investigation and remediation, industrial hygiene, and construction risk management. Founded in 1992, AEI is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices across the United States and Europe. For more information about AEI Consultants, or to find an office near you, visit www.aeiconsultants.com.
At AEI Consultants, we celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating and preserving an inclusive environment for the benefit of our employees and our community. AEI Consultants is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. AEI Consultants believes that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
* Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field