Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally low cost energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $360M to date.
We are seeking an energy storage expert for the internal Form Futures group, which develops early-stage ideas that could later be incorporated into our primary product or become a second product. The Senior Staff Research Scientist will draw on their scientific experience working with energy storage systems to be our team's expert on the broad field. This will include reviewing and staying up-to-date on literature as well as doing technical and techno-economic comparisons between technologies. The ideal candidate will also advise teammates on design of experiments and analysis of data. This candidate has demonstrated success across multiple projects, is eager and able to learn new tools, is creative and team-oriented.
What You'll Do:
- Assess technologies
- Own the team responsibility of staying up-to-date on literature in the energy storage field
- Compare different technologies and make recommendations for team direction
- Work with teammates on writing documents such as literature reviews, research proposals, summaries of learnings, patent applications
- Work closely with executives
- Learn from others; teach as needed to enable the team
What You'll Bring:
- PhD or equivalent experience in chemistry, materials science, physics, or related field
- 3+ years job experience in the energy storage field, including electrochemical systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience evaluating technologies
Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.