About MRIGlobalMRIGlobal, an independent research and development organization delivers solutions in global health, national security and defense, and energy and the environment. The organization performs scientific research, advanced engineering, and program integration and management for clients in industry, government, and academia. Established in 1944 as Midwest Research Institute, MRIGlobal is based in Kansas City, Mo., and operates in nine states and Washington, D.C.
Our laboratory, located in Gaithersburg, Maryland is looking for a Shift Leader. This position involves managing lower-level analytical staff and resources for a sample analysis program that operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, including holidays. The position also requires good communication skills, as the applicant may be called on to communicate directly with our clients to assess their needs and develop beneficial relationships with their organizations.
The management of lower-level analytical staff will take the form of directing work assignments; ensuring the staff have necessary resources and authority to accomplish assigned tasks; assisting in professional growth and skill development of the staff; providing annual performance evaluations to the staff they directly manage.
The resource management will take the form of daily oversight of technical based tasks and laboratory analyses conducted with established protocols under ISO 9001:2015 and 17025:2008 accreditation; performing laboratory analyses as needed; reviewing laboratory data for accuracy; preparing reports for delivery on a daily basis to the clients at 8, 12 & 24 hour intervals.Qualifications:
- This will be a 3rd shift position (10pm-8am) Monday to Friday subject to change depending on client's needs
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Ph.D. in specified study area or equivalent in experience; or M.S. in specified study area plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; or B.S. in specified study area plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in a laboratory environment, basic laboratory and analytical skills, and a solid scientific educational background with laboratory coursework
- PC skills and ability to learn new software and systems
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with technical staff at all levels in a team-based environment
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Additional weekend and holiday work may be required
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. In order to meet the government security investigation requirements, U.S. citizenship is a prerequisite
As a Federal Contractor as defined by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force guidelines, all employees working for MRIGlobal must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable exemption by the MRIGlobal Office of Accommodations, regardless of location.
To view all of MRIGlobal's current openings and to ensure that we receive your resume, visit our Career page.
It is the policy of MRIGlobal to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state protected classification.