WSP USA has an immediate opening for an Project Director to support the companys growing Climate, Resilience and Sustainability National Business Line. See https://www.wsp.com/en-US/hubs/climate-resilience-and-sustainability for a description of our team and capabilities.
The Project Director will lead client-facing teams in the design, implementation, and management of organizational sustainability programs, with demonstrated capability in sustainable real estate. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility and capacity to work on a wide variety of projects and the demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products.
Location of the position is flexible, and could work out of WSP's offices in San Diego or San Francisco, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL, New York, NY; Portland, OR; Bethlehem, PA, or Seattle, WA.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Leading strategic client engagements around building performance, energy, water, waste, and carbon
* Developing and maintaining data management systems and business intelligence tools, including ESG data management
* Designing sustainability performance targets and accompanying strategies and achievement plans
* Identifying and evaluating opportunities for energy, GHG, pollution, and resource reductions
* Analyzing energy efficiency and renewable energy purchase options
* Researching leading sustainability programs and initiatives
* Developing sustainability reports, disclosures, and other communications
* Managing business development activities with existing and prospective clients
Talent is the essence of meeting our clients objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, wed love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
* 12+ years of professional experience
* Bachelors degree required, masters degree preferred. Degree(s) in engineering, energy, sustainability, climate change, risk management, environmental discipline, or related field
* Experience in sustainable real estate is required
* Experience in sustainability, energy, and/or management consulting is preferred
* Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity
* Direct experience with corporate and commercial real estate facilities management practices
* Direct experience with portfolio-level sustainability program development across energy, water, waste, and IAQ impacts, including use of related frameworks such as LEED, BIT, GRESB, Fitwel, RESET and ENERGY STAR
* Familiarity with broader sustainability issues and frameworks such as SBTi, RE100, and the GHG Protocol
* Strong oral and written communication skills, and use of programs including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
* Ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Microsoft Excel, Access, and Power BI
* Ability to work independently, multitask, and manage time efficientlyAbility to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employees career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.