We are seeking highly motivated scientist with hands-on laboratory experience and a background in molecular biology to take part in the development of antibody therapeutics, including targets relevant in infectious diseases, immunology, oncology and anti-venom, among others. Candidates must be highly organized and able to conduct research independently. The primary focus is to contribute to antibody screening, generation, development and optimization using phage and or yeast display technologies. In addition, the associate scientist will take on a part-time role of lab manager, ensuring that inventory is maintained, and laboratory safety documentation is kept up to date.Centivax Mission:
We use multiple bioengineering platforms to successfully neutralize difficult targets and develop medicines that are more efficiently manufactured, more potent, and more easily delivered through subcutaneous and intramuscular injection. Here at Centivax we leverage multiple computational bioengineering platform technologies to solve drugability problems of validated but challenging drug targets. Most of our targets are complex because of mutational diversity. Our broad therapeutic portfolio of two clinical stage and thirteen pre-clinical programs includes vaccines and anti-infectives against rapidly mutating viruses such as SARS-CoV-2, and influenza; anti-infectives and vaccines against diverse and multi-drug resistant bacteria such as MRSA, Klebsiella, and Pseudomonas; multiple therapeutic formats for highly mutable cancers and immune-oncology targets; monoclonal for auto-immune disorders; and finally, broadly neutralizing anti-venom antibodies for the complex cocktail of toxins found in snake venom.
Compensation will be based on level of experience and is competitive in the industry. All employees will receive Centivax stock options as well.Responsibilities
- Perform and assist with in vitro experiments related to Centivax's therapeutic antibody discovery platform.
- Oversee shared lab supplies, including ordering, organizing, and maintaining inventory.
- Work effectively with a diverse group of people and be able to work in both team settings and independently as current projects dictate.
- Ensure that laboratory practices are in accordance with building regulations and local, state and federal law.
- BS/MS degree in molecular/cellular biology, or related science, and at least 3 years of practical experience in the work to be performed
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Expertise in accurately and successfully managing specimens and performing DNA and protein gel electrophoresis; Western blotting; PCR; standard cell culture; and DNA/RNA/protein extractions from human tissues and cell culture samples
- Ability to work under BSL-2 containment criteria
- Experience with basic molecular cloning and biochemistry
- Ability to work with human blood, blood products, body fluids and other potentially infectious materials
- Experience in managing hazardous material, fume hood, and safety equipment
- Experience with Good Laboratory Practices guidelines and work processes
- Previous lab manager experience
- Experience with high-throughput data and analytics (e.g., genomics, drug discovery analysis)
Powered by JazzHR