Sanford Federal Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.Job Title: Spanish/Portuguese Interpreter/Translator
Based at: Doral, Florida.
Sanford Federal, Inc. is looking for a successful and detail-oriented individual to join our team as ‘Portuguese/Spanish Interpreter and Translator'. The Interpreter should have all the relevant education and experiences to perform the duties in such an effective and efficient manner, and his/her responsibilities include the duties mentioned in this Job Description. Ultimately, a top-notch Interpreter/Translator should have excellent organizational, communication skills and great computer skills.Requirements:
The Candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a certificate proving Portuguese and Spanish language proficiency.
- Must have one the equivalent certifications mentioned below.
- Must have experience working with US Embassies, USSOUTHCOM or another US Federal Agency.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of military and environmental terminology related to sustainability, military adaptation to climate change, energy, water and waste management and environmental security in general.
- Demonstrated proficiency levels that range from the ability to speak the language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary, to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social, and professional topics.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously to accomplish tasks.
- Excellent organization and goal prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 570+ on paper; 230+ on computer version; 90+ on iBT.
- ELPT (English Language Proficiency Test): 950+
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) 80+
- ECPE (Examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in English): PASS
- FCE (First Certificate in English, Level 3): A
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English, Level 4): B
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English, Level 5): B
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 7.0
- ACTFL Oral Exams (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages): Advanced Mid-Level.
The Candidate will undertake the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
Why Sanford Federal?
- Translation of documents, Portuguese to English, English to Portuguese.
- Interpretation (Simultaneous & Consecutive) of conversations during conference calls, video teleconferences, on-line collaboration sessions and face-to-face (in-person) meetings
- Translation services for documents for approximately 10-25 days per month.
- Set-up and dismantling of equipment before and after conference services take place.
- Providing Spanish/Portuguese translations of written documents, utilizing Microsoft WORD, POWERPOINT, and other appropriate word processing tools via email.
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Powered by JazzHR