Environmental Health & Safety Officer
Full Time We are NuHealth
. We want to make health care more affordable and more accessible here on Long Island. We are committed to delivering excellent essential medical care, and disease and lifestyle management to everyone, at every stage of life. Currently, we're experiencing some exciting changes, including expanding our services and developing new programs.
We currently have a unique opportunity for an Environmental Health & Safety Officer
to develop, implement and direct the operation of the safety management program at the Nassau Health Care Corporation (NHCC).Specifically, you will:
- Supervise and participate in accident, hazard prevention and fire safety inspections throughout the NHCC, the Medical Examiner's Office, the A. Holly Patterson Geriatric Center, and the Correctional Center Medical Unit; take corrective action where necessary.
- Direct a safety management program based on the monitoring and evaluation of organization-wide experience, applicable laws and regulations, and accepted practices, including a risk assessment program.
- Conduct new employee orientation relating to the safety management program.
- Design and monitor a hazardous material and waste program in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Act as NHCC liaison with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, State and County Departments of Health, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, and other relevant agencies.
- Evaluate the objectives, scope, organization, and effectiveness of the safety management program and investigate complaints
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements for a hospital or large health care facility; including experience with and knowledge of Joint Commission and Environment of Care standards, fire safety, hazardous waste identification and disposal is essential.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university, with a major in Environmental Health, Environmental Engineering, or one of the Environmental or Biological Sciences and
- 4 years of satisfactory experience developing and implementing environmental health and safety programs, including two years, either supervising environmental health and safety personnel, or in an administrative capacity; OR
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university and
- 5 years of satisfactory experience as described in (1) above, including two years, either supervising environmental health and safety personnel, or in an administrative capacity.
We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental, life insurance, NYS Pension Plan and other excellent benefits. No relocation.
For immediate consideration for Environmental Health & Safety Officer,
please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. An EOE m/f/d/v.