OVERVIEW:This position will actively support environmental testing in the forest product industry. Primary focus of this role will be analytical testing on organic and inorganic materials. The samples being monitored are crucial to protecting the environment and monitoring indicators within the environment. Work is performed as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
NOTE: Position is expected to last 6 months with the possibility of being hired on at that time
- Participate in the organization and conduct of research projects involving analytical components, and develop quantitative analytical methods as required to address project analytical needs.
- Implement established quantitative analytical methods and assays using GC-FID, GC-ECD, GC-PFPD, GC-NPD, GC/MS, HPLC-UV, IC, and LC/MS/MS, both directly and by mentoring support staff.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot multiple GC, GC/MS, LC/MS/MS, and other instrument systems directly and by instructing and mentoring support staff in these functions.
- Provide analytical advice, analytical method reviews and auditing of contract laboratory data for member companies and forest products industry-affiliated organizations.
- Prepare laboratory reports for project leaders and member companies as well as other written communications that meet the highest standards of quality.
- Maintain comprehensive laboratory notebooks, a neat and orderly laboratory workplace, and adhere to laboratory quality plans, QA/QC measures and SOPs.
- Work safely and contribute to updating and improving laboratory safety practices.
- Master's degree in analytical chemistry or closely associated scientific discipline or five plus years of professional experience executing analytical chemistry techniques applied to environmental matrices.
- Hands on experience in environmental test methods such as clean water act methods, clean air act methods, SW 846, and other environmental methods
- Strong verbal and written communication and data analysis skills.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with or ability to learn industry-specific software such as ChemStation and laboratory information management systems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to traverse stairs, effectively manipulate analytical glassware and instrumentation, and stand for long periods while working at benchtops or in the field. May be required to lift and carry equipment up to 30 pounds.
IND2About SPS at Pace Analytical: Our Scientific Professional Services division partners with companies that have scientific needs both inside and outside of the laboratory. We hire quality candidates for our lab and regulatory teams so that our customers have an elite workforce supporting their company. Our Scientific Recruiters are passionate about finding a position that is the right fit for you.
We're proud to offer careers that are both challenging and meaningful- as well as a comprehensive benefits package to all of our regular, full-time employees. If you work with us, you'll be part of a dynamic team focused on delivering science better. OFCCP Statement: Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.