Local Unit & Position DescriptionAre you looking to lead the growth of ESG, sustainability and climate change services in an innovative, digitally enabled, purpose driven business? Are you motivated to support customers to achieve business success and sustainability in their businesses and their extended supply chains?
We're recruiting for a growth focused Carbon Specialist with consulting/assurance experience in the domain of GHG Inventory, GHG emission reduction project, Product footprint development or assurance to join our Global Sustainability, Assessment & Assurance team to help us achieve our vision and goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to take an active role supporting the delivery of projects and ensuring service excellence for clients. We help clients implement, improve and demonstrate their commitment and progress towards authentic sustainability.
You will get the opportunity to \work on a wide range of sustainability services primarily focused on GHG Inventory, GHG emission reduction project, carbon removal project, science-based targets and task force for climate related financial disclosures.
When doing this, you will get the opportunity to engage with many of the region's leading companies and brands across a wide range of sectors and to leverage a suite of services and digital technologies to scope sell and deliver innovative solutions.What You'll Do
You will be expected to support the delivery for a range of climate change services and may have specialism and expertise in several of them, including:
- GHG Inventory development/assurance
- Regulatory GHG Inventory Reporting for ARB/ Canada Provincial Reporting
- Product carbon footprint development/assurance
- Science Based Target setting or modelling
- Sustainability Report Assurance
- ESG, green bonds & sustainable finance consulting
- Climate change
You will be expected to support projects and help ensure consistent and high quality customer care through the following activities:
Position Qualifications What is Required
- Proactively seeking to identify customer needs throughout the course of delivering sustainability solutions
- Developing tailored solutions with our technical experts to ensure that we can effectively support our customers in their GHG reporting and meeting their carbon reduction objectives
- Coordinating projects, ensuring they are executed to clients' expectations, on time, on budget and to DNV quality standards
- Leading and communicating effectively within the other sustainability team members and clients
- Bachelor degree or higher relevant to environmental and sustainability industry
- 2 years of experience delivering consulting/verification services as a trusted advisor and thought leader in Climate Change Services
- Proven experience as project manager and/or team leader, delivering service excellence
- Training and certification in greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reporting or greenhouse gas emission (GHG) reduction services. (preferred)
- Familiarity with GHG/LCI tools such as Gabi and/or Simapro
- Willingness to travel up to 50% and work around the Americas and on occasions overseas.
- Must have current Valid drivers license
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
DNV offers exceptional benefits including health, vision and dental insurances, FSA/HSA, 401K, life insurance, paid time off, sick time, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), education assistance, ID theft protection, consumers' discounts and rewards. How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $70000 - $90000
Please visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world's leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company's management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.