Rectify Pharmaceuticals is a new Series A company focused on delivering life-changing therapies to people with rare genetic disorders associated with the ABC transporter superfamily. We are developing novel precision small molecule therapeutics to restore/augment the function of these transporters, modify disease and deliver meaningful clinical impact. Rectify believes that the untapped potential of the ABC transporter proteome, in combination with our scientifically validated approach, represents a significant opportunity to address the medical needs of numerous underserved patient communities. Rectify is a privately held company located in Cambridge, MA.
We are seeking an exceptional scientific thinker and operator to join our passionate and collaborative team as Director of Cell Biology and Assay Development . In this role you will be responsible for driving the bioassay strategy and operations to support our ABC transporter small molecule drug discovery platform. The ideal candidate is a creative and innovative scientist with broad experience in in vitro biology workflows in a hybrid research environment, leveraging both an internal lab team and external CROs. You will be responsible for the design, development, and transfer of phenotypic, functional and mechanism-based in vitro assays, including complex cell-based, translational and biochemical assays, for ABC transporter targets. Experience in early discovery high-throughput screens is particularly desirable. As a member of the Research Leadership Team you will operate in close collaboration with senior leadership to inform strategy and ensure Rectify's success.
The successful candidate will report to and partner with the Head of Biology and senior scientific management to drive a dynamic and multifaceted biology strategy that includes multiple pipeline programs, and a one-of-a-kind target prioritization platform. As a core member of a small early start-up company, you will contribute across the drug development lifecycle, from target and indication selection to hit identification, through translational proof of mechanism and concept, and into preclinical development. In this fast-paced and highly collaborative environment you will engage an expert internal lab-based team of researchers, high-quality CROs and a network KOLs, consultants and strategic partners. You will deliver and experience real value, influence the growth the company, and develop your own career. This role offers a unique chance to stretch your talent and grow your potential.
• Bring your expertise in cell-based assays to bear on the design and development of
creative fit-for-purpose in vitro phenotypic and mechanism-based assays to support the arc of small molecule drug discovery, from HTS hit campaigns to DC nomination
• Drive program execution through efficient and effective selection, onboarding and management of external CROs for the delivery of timely and high-quality data
• Capitalize on your research expertise and your comfort with new areas of biology to leverage Rectify's ABC transporter platform to identify creative and informative mechanistic and screening in vitro assays
• Lead and develop a talented and passionate lab-based team of researchers
• Manage data and timelines across functional teams and for multiple scientific projects.
• Contribute scientific expertise to strategic decision making.
• Participate in the development of a strong product pipeline and a portfolio of technologies with the aim of productization.
• Drive the Rectify product platform to help inform next-generation target selectionQualifications and experience:
· A PhD in a core biology discipline including, but not limited to, molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology.
· A proven scientific leader with at least 15 years of experience in research and drug discovery
· Experience in early stage HTS programs
· A demonstrable experience in successful management of CRO partners for the delivery of critical path initiatives
· A successful history of leading and developing research teams
· Extensive experience in early-stage drug discovery, including the development of robust primary and secondary phenotypic screening assays
- Experience in the design, troubleshooting and implementation of state-of-the-art approaches to evaluate novel drug mechanisms and translatability into diverse disease areas
- Applied expertise in standard immunochemistry and cell-based platforms and techniques, including (but not limited to) reporter assays, protein trafficking assays, high-content imaging, cell-based potency assays and flow cytometry
· An understanding of protein trafficking defects and their role in rare disease etiology and drug development (preferred)
- An entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with multitasking and dynamics of a small start-up environment
- An innovative and self-motivated approach, driven to find and cultivate value creating opportunities
· A passion for company and culture building
- High-level presentation skills for scientific communication and reporting at all levels of an organization including Senior Leadership
Rectify offers a competitive salary and benefits package including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits.
All employees are subject to Rectify's mandatory COVID vaccination policy.
For more information, please visit www.rectifypharma.com and submit your application at firstname.lastname@example.org.