Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
As the Environmental Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing our EHS sustainability initiatives and driving compliance with environmental regulations to ensure we are minimizing our impact on the environment. Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.What you'll do on a typical day:
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- Promote continuous improvement efforts to achieve compliance and sustainability goals by analyzing data, tracking progress, identifying and prioritizing actions needed to achieve targets, gaining organizational support for initiatives and projects, and communicating progress to key stakeholders
- Track and report environmental compliance metrics; develop solutions and respond to evolving regulatory requirements by evaluating and integrating the requirements to proactively identify actions needed to address any potential risks or impacts on operations
- Communicate regularly with Operations, Facilities and Leadership on metrics, environmental risks of activities, potential or actual violations, audit results, action plan execution and risk mitigation
- Assist with review and investigation of incident reports associated with environmental spills and compliance; compile findings and recommendations for corrective actions into summary report
- Provide insight on environmental governance, risk management and controls to reduce the risk of violations; liaise with external environmental regulatory agencies
- Develop, implement and manage EHS key performance (KPIs)
- Lead sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy and actions to ensure site is changing with the pace of customer demand
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience implementing environmental compliance programs
- Experience interpreting and applying state and federal environmental regulations
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
It'd be great if you also have:
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability or related field or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience implementing environmental compliance programs
- Project management experience
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.