Director /Snr. Director, Vector Biology/VectorSeq
Affinia Therapeutics is an innovative gene therapy company focused on broadening the reach of gene therapy. Our proprietary Affinia Rationally-designed Therapies (ART) platform is created to address key limitations of conventional gene therapies, by developing novel capsids, novel promoters, and novel manufacturing approaches to developing gene therapies for rare and prevalent devastating diseases. We are backed by a strong syndicate of life science investors and have ambitious plans to have a dramatic impact on the lives of patients around the world.
As an early employee you will play a key role in setting our culture and values. You will be working alongside the founding management team who have a track record of success in the industry. The pace of work is dynamic, fast and fun. We offer competitive salary and benefits with the ability to make a difference.Position Summary
Our Team is seeking a Director/Sr. Director of Vector Biology/Vector Seq that will report to the Chief Scientific Officer. You will direct a group of talented scientists that solve the major problems with AAV gene therapy, including increased tissue tropism, improved manufacturing yields, reduced immunogenicity, and better control of cargo expression. This individual will accomplish these goals by developing both the vectors for our ongoing therapeutic programs and by leading the discovery of new capsids, promoters, and manufacturing methods using Affinia Tx. unique platforms.
- Leads Vector Science group to develop
- AAV expression plasmids for therapeutic programs that meet the target product profile
- Capsid and promoter libraries based on scientific hypotheses that lead to new capsids and promoters that meet the target capsid and promoter profiles, respectively.
Leads Vector Seq group to generate high-quality next-generation sequencing data starting with biological samples using an advanced Illumina platformIntegrates internal and external knowledge to design expression cassettes and libraries.Continually optimizes generation of therapeutic plasmids and libraries.Collaborates effectively with internal and external scientists to design and create expression cassettes and libraries.Effectively manages work within group.Helps create budget and manages group to budget targets.Stay abreast of external innovation by following the scientific, patent, and investor literature and use this information to drive product-oriented innovation.Recruit and retain a high-quality organization.Build a transparent, learning culture where talented people thrive.Enable effective execution and collaboration.Present effectively to all levels of the organizationMaintain high scientific standards for self and group.Energizes group and organization.Minimum Qualifications
- Ph.D./Advanced Degree in Biological Sciences
- 10 years industry experience
- 5-8 years experience in AAV viral vectors
- Strong background in molecular biology and AAV biology
- Track record of success in industry Start up environment and/or academia
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and timelines
- Strong collaborative, teamwork, both verbal/ written communication skills
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and robust problem-solving ability
Affinia Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.