We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools and cars. We are one of North America's largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span® and Comet® cleaning products, Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard®, and Natural Chemistry® pool chemicals, and Prestone® and Holts® automotive performance chemicals. We are also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand ("private label") bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of "One KIK" values - a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics or integrity.Position Summary
The EHS Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the site's EHS programs and initiatives, to include site contact for all regulatory agencies. Additionally, the person must be a good change agent to drive and gain buy in for continual improvement. Our ideal candidate will provide EHS leadership and SME support to the plant and is a member of the Site Leadership Team. This position will report to the Director EHS.Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical guidance concerning site HESS issues - site subject matter expert.
- Establishment and maintenance of site HESS objectives and targets.
- Represents HESS on site Leadership Team
- Development and execution of tactical and strategic plans to improve HESS performance.
- Manage the HESS training program, including new hire, job-specific, contractor and required refresher training.
- Manage the site HESS Committee and HESS Communications.
- Manage site incident and injury reporting, investigation and recordkeeping.
- Assist in the management of worker's compensation claims and the site KIK Return to Work program.
- Responsible for the site HESS corrective and preventive actions to ensure timely follow-up and implementation.
- Manage the site waste management program including sustainability initiatives.
- Ensure the timely completion of all required safety, environmental and sustainability reporting to internal and external interested parties.
- Maintain the site HESS recordkeeping program to include site hazard assessments.
- Manage site hazard communication program, including SDS management and required training.
- Manage site Safety Management Systems.
- Responsible for site process safety management, where applicable.
- Manage required environmental permits, reporting, monitoring and recordkeeping.
- Manage the facility leadership & employee safety programs.
- Manage the site security programs.
- Manage site emergency response programs.
- Support hazardous materials transportation compliance.
- Bachelors degree preferred, will consider 5+ years EHS management in a chemical manufacturing environment in lieu of degree
- 5-10 years experience with environmental, health and safety prevention program experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Knowledge of DHS, PSM, and RMP programs preferred
- Must have experience with chemicals management and/or in the chemicals industry
- Previous experience with environmental management within a manufacturing facility
- Strong relationship building and management skills
- Emergency Response experience; ability to make critical decisions and lead people during emergency situations
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Consumer Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. KIK does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, status in uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, martial status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.