The Molecular Biologist will be working in a team-based laboratory setting with responsibilities including writing reports and communicating data to team and clients.
- Performs research and/or development in collaboration with others on assigned projects
- Works with polymerase chain reaction technology, site directed mutagenesis and cloning, sequencing and western/southern/northern blotting
- Experience with proteomics, genomics or metabolomics would be desirable
- Develops personal strategies to ensure effective achievement of scientific objectives
- Works independently and ensures the completion of tasks and projects within client timelines
- Responsible for molecular/biochemical assay development and troubleshooting
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses
- Ability to participate in the implementation of new and innovative technology
molecular biology, oncology, pcr dna, cloning, biology, genomicsTop Skills Details:
molecular biology,oncology,pcr dna,cloningAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
- PhD in molecular biology or biochemistry or related field required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in molecular biology with at least 2 - 4 years of postdoctoral experience required
- Demonstrated expertise with modern techniques of molecular biology
- Experience with molecular biology and/or biochemistry in the infectious disease (virology, microbiology) or cancer area
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them to drug development with ease
- Significant experience with polymerase chain reaction technology (QPCR, RT-PCR) is required.
- Experience with pseudotype virus production would be desirable
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.