My client is expanding and seeks a Cell Biologist to contribute to their drug discovery and development efforts. The ideal candidate will take on the following tasks:
- Assess the efficacy and mechanism of action of lead candidates and determine the proof of concept.
- Design and execute in-vitro cell-based studies, and analyze and interpret data.
- Oversee external biomarker studies and perform biomarker, proteomics, and transcriptomics analyses.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and collaborations with academic and research organizations.
- Routinely present results to the research team to inform research and development decisions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- MS/PhD with record of publications and presentations.
- Demonstrated experience with cell-based assays, microscopy or high content imaging, and standard molecular biology techniques preferred.
- Experience with biomarkers, proteomics, RNAseq, and bioinformatics a plus.
- Experience running in-vivo efficacy studies and generating high-quality data in a time-sensitive environment.
- Experience with lead identification and optimization using a combination of molecular, cellular and in vitro/in vivo techniques a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated with excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.