Our client, a world-leading Pharmaceutical Company in Chesterfield, MO is currently looking for a Sr. Scientist (Molecular Biology, Cell Culture) to join their expanding team.
- Job Title: Sr. Scientist (Molecular Biology, Cell Culture) / Pharma Industry
- Duration: 12+ month contract, extendable up to 18 months
- Location: Chesterfield, MO
- The client has the right-to-hire you as a permanent employee at any time during or after the end of the contract.
- You may participate in the company group medical insurance plan
- Client's Cell Line Development (CLD) organization is seeking a motivated, qualified candidate to be a technical leader, in a lab‐ based Scientist role. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to perform platform cell line development activities, which advance Company's Gene Medicines pipeline toward clinical and commercial development.
- The position will be involved in the advancement of the mammalian protein expression portfolio as well as Client technology development and process optimization programs. This role will involve all molecular and cell biology aspects of cell line development from vector design/construction, cell culture maintenance, clone screening, flow cytometry, and cell line characterization.
- The successful candidate will also help to design and drive innovative improvements to CLD technologies, practices and infrastructure to ensure successful delivery of the project portfolio and continuous technology improvements.
- In addition, experience with systems biology, synthetic biology, bioinformatics, and/or automation technologies is desired.
- Be a key member of the CLD team that will support the execution of both technology development and pipeline projects.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and presentation skills, a documented ability to troubleshoot technical issues, an ability to plan and carry out experiments independently, and to work with complex instrumentation and software.
- Effectively document all lab activities in notebooks/ elsewhere as required and appropriate, in a timely fashion.
- Represent CLD to the scientific community through delivery of high-quality presentations at external venues and publication of work in peer-reviewed journals.
- Evaluate data and provide clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross ‐ functional teams; responsible for clear communication in written & oral forms.
- Adherence to safety protocols and knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines.
- Work closely with groups outside of the CLD organization to advance portfolio and technology development initiatives.
- Work with and contribute to associated regulatory filing activities.
- Support laboratory activities by monitoring lab equipment and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Requires Ph.D. in cell/molecular biology or related field with 0 ‐ 4 years ' experience or a Master ' s Degree with 5-10 years ' experience in the area of mammalian cell line development and/or molecular biology.
- Highly productive, technical scientist and leader, who applies extensive technical and scientific knowledge as well as practical experience to deliver high quality results to drive delivery of CLD programs.
- Substantial experience with molecular biology, mammalian and microbial cell culture techniques
- Experience with molecular cloning techniques such as plasmid construction, preparation and analysis, RNA, cDNA and genomic DNA preparation, sequencing, DNA electrophoresis, and Northern and Southern analyses is highly desired.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills and strong analytical and computer skills are required.
- Growth potential to take on larger leadership roles.
- Self-motivated individual who works well in a team setting.
- Looking for a skilled molecular biologist, ideally with some mammalian cell culture experience.
- Monday - Friday typical work hours
- Will be onsite