As part of the GaARNG Construction & Facilities Management Office Environmental Team, the Environmental Compliance Specialist 2 serves as a Regional Compliance Assessor (RCA), providing guidance to assigned Georgia Army National Guard (GaARNG) facilities to achieve compliance with Federal, State, DA, NGB, and local environmental rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support to facilities during RCRA defined hazardous waste pick-up;
- Develops site visit/assessment schedule for facilities in regional area of responsibility;
- Identifies present or potential environmental compliance issues during site visit/assessments;
- Communicates issues, regional assessment trends, and individual site process changes to the Environmental Compliance Manager, the other RCAs, and the ENV team during weekly status meetings;
- Works with facility environmental officers (EOs) to address any issues identified that impact site compliance;
- Maintains current database and environmental records on GaARNG facilities in regional area of responsibility;
- Provides guidance to site EOs about compliant waste accumulation, material documentation, and disposal process;
- Coordinates the GA environmental Management System (GeMS), including program management, facility awareness, scheduling, outreach, and implementation for GAARNG.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications possess:
- Bachelors degree in environmental science or similar area of study (Experience can be substituted for education on a year by year basis).
- Professional certification in the field of environmental science.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a Georgia criminal records search, a national fingerprint scan, a pre-employment drug test (post-hire will be placed in the pool for the State Random Drug Testing Program), AND a post-employment federal background investigation.
"AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE"
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Unclassified position #00054298
Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, physics, geology or other natural or physical science or engineering field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of professional experience in environmental protection OR One year of experience at the lower level Environmental Compliance Spec 1 (RCP020) or position equivalent.
- Agency Logo:
- Requisition ID: REG02MK
- Number of Openings: 1
- Advertised Salary: $40,000 - $44,000
- Shift: Day Job