Job DescriptionB. Braun Medical Inc.QC Supervisor I (Microbiology)
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Irvine FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary:
The QC Supervisor will plan, organize and manage the activities related to batch releases, coordination and scheduling of samples to be tested, and supervise media and sterility testing activities. Manage the development and implementation of related programs to maximize efficiencies of staff and budgetary resources necessary to support the company goals while complying with regulatory requirements.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Supervises employees, tasks and duties related to quality control within organization.
- Develops, implements and assesses processes and policies designed to test products and services.
- Monitors and evaluates current testing processes, making recommendations for improvements when necessary.
- Enforces regulatory compliance.
- Conducts visual and physical inspections of company products and materials.
- Monitors the performance of the quality control staff, ensuring that the quality control department meets organizational objectives.
- Responsible for personnel actions including (but not limited to) hiring, performance management and termination.
- Responsible for leading the team in completion of a variety of routine and non-routine tasks including writing investigation reports, deviations, protocols, updating procedures and other related documentation.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Provides direct or supervision to a group of employees, assigning tasks and checking work at frequent intervals. Accountabilities include work and people scheduling, performance management and recommendations for hiring decisions.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems.
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit operations. May consult with senior management.
QualificationsExpertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Knowledge in areas such as Microbiology method validation/lab equipment requalification/steam terminal sterilization is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- 02-04 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.Additional Information Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Stand, Sit, Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: Handling, Reaching upward and downward, Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
- Frequently: Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), N/A
- Constantly: N/A
- Occasionally: Proximity to moving parts, Other
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What We Offer
- Noise Intensity: Moderate
- Occasionally: Office environment, Production/manufacturing environment
- Frequently: N/A
- Constantly: Lab environment
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its Sharing Expertise® initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Notices
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.