WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Client Focused Senior Knowledge Analyst (SKA) within BCG's Social Impact Practice Area, you will work in a growing and entrepreneurial global team, delivering value to clients via individual expertise and/or institutionalized knowledge assets in Climate & Environment topics including but not limited to emissions abatement pathways, levers, and economics. You will contribute on cases and proposals by contributing relevant analysis and insights and help case teams create strong impact for the client. While contributing to client cases, workshops and proposals, occasional travel to serve clients onsite during staffing assignments is expected to understand client requirements, and design / develop solutions.
Additionally, you will support the Climate & Environment Topic in developing existing & new intellectual property and knowledge assets, including building models and databases of carbon abatement cost curves across industries. You will work on commercialization efforts for the topic, in conjunction with topic leaders, topic managers and topic experts, supporting marketing efforts, conferences and publications. As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will assist with on-boarding, training and guiding junior colleagues, and sharing best practices within the team.
The BCG Climate & Environment team's mission is to help our clients understand the challenges of climate change and seize competitive advantage in the new climate economy. We aim to equip our clients with the necessary tools to transform and succeed, e.g., via net zero strategy, sustainable procurement & supply chain, sustainability partnerships, etc.YOU'RE GOOD AT
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Solving client problems through formulating relevant research and/or analytical approaches in decarbonization strategy, with a focus on emissions abatement lever identification, sizing, and economics
- Communicating with case teams and clients team members, in a credible and confident way
- Working collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic (often virtual), proficient in agile ways of working
- Flexibility and bringing a curious and creative mindset, open to new things and able to propose innovative ideas
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity
YOU'LL WORK WITH
- 1-2+ years of consulting experience in the Climate & Environment space with a focus on decarbonization strategy; understanding of emissions abatement levers & associated impact and economics; candidates with consulting experience preferred
- In lieu of consulting experience, 2+ years minimum industry experience required; 3-6+ years of industry experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required (advanced degree preferred)
- Fluency in English
- Strong analytical capabilities e.g., versatile in Excel, Alteryx and Tableau with experience in Marginal Abatement Cost Curve analysis; proven ability to build consistent models, databases, and user-friendly client output
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholder while working in a global collaborative team environment
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving capabilities
As a Client Focus KT, you will work face to face with clients and with BCG Project Leaders, Associates and Consultants. In the period between cases, you will collaborate with global topic leads and colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our internal and external clients. Our team is made up a diverse pool of knowledge positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative knowledge careers.
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will collaborate with global topic leads and colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our internal and external clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative knowledge careers. This role is part of the Social Impact Practice Area (PA) and will work closely with the Energy PA, in addition to other cross-PA collaborations.
Social Impact is BCG's newest practice area and a driving force for BCG's ambition to become the most positively impactful company in the world. We believe that we can transform how business creates good competitive advantage, and that we can help profitably solve some of society's most pressing problems together with our clients.
In addition to helping companies make a difference, we are determined to do our part as best we can to build a sustainable and inclusive future. While we expect to have the biggest climate impact through our client work, we know that we must also walk the talk by reducing the negative impact of our own footprint as quickly as we can. BCG will have a net-zero climate impact by 2030.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The Knowledge Team (KT) is a group of functional and/or industry experts leveraging deep domain knowledge to enable insight for case teams and clients. KT members are affiliated to BCG Practice Areas, plugged into the strategic agenda and building and deploying leading edge IP data tools/assets to deliver insight.
BCG's Knowledge Team members have the opportunity to be staffed on cases and help co-create insights with case teams and clients through expert perspectives on industry trends, delivery of proprietary data or tools in a particular function and complex research and analysis of market information. KT members also support the PA's business development and proposals and help to organize and codify the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.