Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist Trainee in Dublin,OH. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp"Improving Health, Improving Lives".
This position will be performing culture and sensitivity testing within the Microbiology department.
The work schedule for this position will be Thursday-Sunday, 8.00pm to 6:30am.
* Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
* Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
* Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
* Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
* Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
* Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
* Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
* Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
* Assist with processing of specimens when needed
* Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
* Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science (or 24 credits in Chemistry/Biology constituting a biological science major) as required by CLIA
* 1 year of clinical lab experience required (or preferred at Tech Trainee level)
* ASCP or AMT certification preferred
* Ability to work independently within a team and strong attention to detail
* Strong organization skills
* Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
* Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
* Ability to work overtime as business needs