Targus Environmental is a Texas-based professional due diligence and engineering firm providing consulting services to investors in commercial real estate. Our typical clients are risk averse institutional purchasers of trophy assets in growing metro areas. Services typically commence with a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) augmented by assessment of non-ASTM business risks and when needed to address known or likely contamination we provide sampling and analysis, corrective action, and post-acquisition operational support to facilitate compliant operation and successful asset disposition.
· Environmental Site Assessment (associate) - Phase I ESA Dallas, TX or
· Environmental Site Assessment (entry level staff) - Phase I ESA Dallas, TX
Full-time Dallas-based environmental staff conducting Phase I ESAs to identify recognized environmental conditions and other conditions of potential environmental concern on properties located throughout the US.
· Research public regulatory and historical records;
· Review previous reports, and voluminous regulatory files;
· Interview property representatives/owners and local government officials;
· Conduct site visits to identify field indicators of current or past contamination;
· Perform limited screening for asbestos, lead paint, radon, etc.; and
· Prepare detailed technical reports.
Characteristics of Successful Candidate:
· Bachelor's degree (engineering, geology, science/ technical field preferred);
· Two years of writing Phase I ESA's;
· Strong work ethic with determination to excel;
· Passion for being detail oriented and highly organized;
· Logical thinking;
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, Acrobat, and Outlook;
· Excellent written communication skills;
· Sound time management skills; and
· The ability to travel nationwide up to 30% of the time.