1 years experience
Clarksville, Tennessee 37040
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make "Life Good" - from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life's Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill-and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking an Environmental Compliance Analyst to join our new and dynamic team in Clarksville, TN as part of the Business Administrative Team!
The Environment Compliance Analyst focuses on protecting the environment by designing, planning, and implementing measures in order to reduce and control waste and pollution. The Environmental Analyst is also responsible for developing and designing processes and systems that control pollution levels while also cleaning up existing contamination within the plant.
Area of Responsibility:
- Design systems, processes, and equipment to control waste, water, and pollution
- Serve as LG's liaison with the federal, state and/or local agency regarding waste program requirements
- Coordinate with waste management and recycling activities to discard waste
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of environmental regulations
- Follow new and emerging regulations regarding environmental issues relating to LG's factory
- Ensure that all waste is treated and disposed of accordingly
- Assure LG's building and development projects are compliant with environment regulations
- Complete paperwork for permits as needed
Education Level and/or Relevant Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelors' Degree in Environmental/Chemical Engineering or related field
- 3 or more years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of production of complex equipment and system integration
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods and process improvements that includes but not limited to manufacturing and 6 Sigma Lean manufacturing
- Ability/Experience in using strong skills in analyzing, troubleshooting and evaluating problems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing; including machine capabilities and efficiencies, etc.
- Some occasional international travel required
- Extended work hours as needed
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.