APPLY YOUR ANALYTICAL SKILLS AND MANAGERIAL CAPABILITY TOWARD MAKING A POSITIVE IMPACT ON THE PLANET AND YOUR CAREER! JOIN ICF IN A NEW LABORATORY FACILITY WITH CURRENT INSTRUMENTATION IN SUPPORT OF A CONTRACT WITH THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY (EPA) AT THE REGION 9 LABORATORY IN CORVALLIS, OREGON.
ICF is seeking an Environmental Chemist to join a group of 3-5 technicians and chemists on our team to support the EPA Environmental Services Assistance Team (ESAT) contract. This team performs analyses and provides technical and quality assurance (QA) support to the EPA Superfund and other programs to facilitate the identification, assessment, remediation and regulation of environmental hazards. The team performs soil, water, air, waste, and tissue sample analysis for chemical contaminants using EPA-approved methods.
* Perform analyses in compliance with all technical, Quality Assurance, and Health, Safety and Environmental Management requirements
* Help resolve sample matrix or instrument performance issues for the analyses performed.
* Monitor the analytical request backlog for assigned methods and perform analyses accordingly
* Perform data entry and primary review for all data directly generated
* Receive instructions from the department lead as well as the Environmental Chemistry Lab Lead
* Bachelor's degree in chemistry or a physical science
* 2+ years of experience performing preparation and analysis of environmental samples using SW-846, CLP or AWWA Standard Methods
* Proficiency with data acquisition, processing, review and reporting via instrument software and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
* Experience in a NELAC, A2LA or DOECAP accredited environmental laboratory is required
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Sound Emotional Intelligence
* Must be authorized to work in the US
* Must be able to pass an EPA background check to obtain access to US federal property
* Significant, recent "hands on" experience with instrument operation, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance for several of the following categories of instrumentation and techniques: CVAA, ICP, ICP/MS, IC, FIA, TOC, gravimetric analysis, GC, GC/MS, LC and LC/MS/MS for volatile and semi-volatile compound analysis, headspace analysis, microwave digestion, Continuous Liquid-Liquid Extraction (CLLE), solid phase extraction and EPA sample extract concentration and clean-up methods
* Familiarity with performing Root Cause Analysis and implementing Corrective Action
* Recent experience with analytical method development for environmental samples
* Knowledge of the application of Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) and Lean principles to laboratory operations
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy [https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity].
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf] and Pay Transparency Statement [https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf].
Oregon Client Office (OR88)