Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"3M is making incredible impact in communities around the globe. As the leader of 3M's global community engagement, I am incredibly proud to say that you will be working alongside 3Mers, community partners and customers who are extremely committed to making positive and equitable change." - Michael Stroik, vice president of community relations
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As a Molecular Biologist, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
* Performing qPCR related testing of finished product/in-process products
* Training new lab technicians as needed.
* Performing pH and conductivity testing of solutions
* Performing serial dilutions with attention to pipetting accuracy
* Leading projects, investigations, and collaborating in a fast-paced team environment, working within and across groups
* Following standard operating procedures and keep current on all mandatory training
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) in a science or engineering field from an accredited institution
* One (1) year of experience working in a Quality Control (QC) testing environment in a private, public, military or government environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Molecular Biology, or Engineering, from an accredited institution
* Working knowledge of quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) and loop mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) bioluminescent real time reporter (BART)
* Experience in FDA regulated laboratory is a plus.
* Experience working in a manufacturing setting and pace
* Demonstrated understanding and utilization of current Good Manufacturing Practices
* Proficiency in Test Method Validation, Statistical Techniques, Project Management
* Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
* Able to coordinate multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly
Location: Columbia, MO
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic.
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life - both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers. s
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M's business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here [http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1274940O/3m-jobs-country-data-privacy-statements-external.pdf], [http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1274940O/3m-jobs-country-data-privacy-statements-external.pdf] select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.