# of Openings : 1
Category: Research & Development
Address: 10 Wilson Road
Civetta Therapeutics is recruiting an experienced "drug hunting" leader in biology.
Located in Cambridge, MA, Civetta is developing novel therapeutics through the targeting of beta-propeller domain proteins. Beta-propellers are a class of highly conserved structural proteins that are implicated in a range of indications, including multiple types of cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases. Backed by Deerfield Management, Civetta was founded by William Sellers (Broad Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute) and Eric Fischer (Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School) with the mission to leverage the wide array of biologic functions in which propeller proteins participate to discover impactful new medicines for patients.
We are building a team of talented, dedicated scientists who share our vision and our passion to discover groundbreaking new drugs to treat some of the most difficult diseases, including cancer. If you are an accomplished life sciences professional that can bring significant energy, passion, and expertise to the team, we welcome the opportunity to consider you for a position.
The Project Leader, Biology, will be an integral member of the Biology and scientific leadership teams at Civetta Therapeutics. The Biology team is responsible for identifying and validating molecular targets, evaluating novel drug candidates, and providing forward-thinking approaches to advance our pre-clinical pipeline and proprietary platform. The Director will be responsible for leading one or more discovery programs from target validation through to IND-enabling studies, for small molecule modulators of beta-propeller proteins. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with a positive attitude in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional team environment focused on high quality science to propel us in delivering innovative therapeutics for cancer and other diseases.
* Identify and prioritize key scientific questions relevant to molecular targeting of specific beta-propeller containing proteins and design experiments to address these questions
* Establish robust screening assays and flow schemes to support hit identification, hit to lead and lead optimization programs
* Lead and manage internal teams and external collaborations / CROs to execute experiments in support of above goals and delivery of development candidates
* Directly supervise and mentor a team of scientists
* Lead efforts to identify and solve problems, guide work towards project goals, communicate on-going work and progress to peers and Civetta leadership, and plan forward thinking strategies
* PhD in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with experience leading projects and programs to deliver development candidates and clinical assets in a biotech/pharma setting
* Strong understanding of cancer or other disease biology and disease-relevant signaling pathways
* Extensive experience in mammalian cell biology, cell pharmacology, mechanistic biochemistry and drug discovery
* Familiarity with cell line engineering using CRISPR to create knock-out or knock-in of our genes of interest, functional genomics screens, and biomarker discovery
* Experience with general molecular biological techniques including molecular cloning, qPCR, ELISA, proximity-based assays, immunoprecipitations, Western blotting.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead timely discussions with colleagues, vendors, CROs, and scientific advisors
* Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual wanting to work in the fast-paced and dynamic environment of a startup
Civetta Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through Civetta Therapeutics' Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Civetta, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Civetta Therapeutics can submit their information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you if needed.