Job DescriptionPosition: Research Associate, Biology
Reporting to: Senior Scientist IPosition Objective
Nitto BioPharma, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting novel approach to drug development, we are currently seeking a highly motivated and independent Research Associate with a strong background in the field of cellular and molecular biology to join the team. By using a variety of molecular and cell biology approaches you will contribute to the biological understanding of antibody drug conjugates, the development of suitable assays for characterization of candidate therapeutics, and their progression to preclinical/clinical testing.Major Job Functions
Education, Licensure and/or Experience
- Independently and effectively design, perform, and interpret complex experiments to validate drug product, screen for novel therapeutics, and characterize hits under the direction of senior scientists and team leader.
- Perform cell culture and in vitro biological assays to evaluate drug in vitro/in vivo efficacy, supporting early research needs
- Support the development and production of therapeutic antibody for conjugation.
- Collect, analyze, document, and interpret data.
- Communicate results in departmental/project meetings.
- Efficiently manage and maintain laboratory reagents, technical equipment, and tools.
- Work closely with teams across multiple expertise areas.
- Contribute to the development, execution, and technology transfer of assay development to other internal and external teammates.
Physical Job Requirements:
- B.S. in Biology/Chemistry or related discipline with proficiency and hands-on experience in applying a wide range of cellular and molecular biological methods (siRNA, q-PCR, cloning, Western blotting, cell culture, cell viability assays, ELISA, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with antibody production and development preferred
- Experience supporting early-stage ADC projects preferred
- Working experience with in vivo animal models, drug PK and PD evaluation preferred
- Organized and disciplined record keeping
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic environment
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines
Office/Lab environment. Lifting to 20 pounds may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are required to stand, walk or sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus. Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination policy in effect. Disclaimer: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job duties; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Company DescriptionNitto BioPharma, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in San Diego focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Nitto BioPharma offers unique RNA drug and its delivery solutions by designing novel biodegradable drug delivery systems with the ability to target specific cells and efficiently deliver the cargo into the cells. Clinical assets include two Phase 2 clinical programs, a first-in-class drug for the treatment of liver fibrosis (with Bristol-Myers Squibb), and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a Phase 1 oncology program to treat non-small cell lung cancer.
Nitto BioPharma's mission is to develop and deliver innovative life-transforming therapies for patients with unmet medical needs. Leveraging the long-standing success and track record of Nitto Denko Corporation (Nitto), Nitto BioPharma has created a new and efficient business unit that allows pharmaceutical products to be brought to market at a fast pace. Our long-term vision and unparalleled, multi-disciplinary team of researchers from all over the globe make Nitto BioPharma a vibrant and exciting work environment.
Nitto BioPharma is a key asset of Nitto. Since its establishment in 1918, Nitto has created over 13,500 products based on its core technologies and has contributed to customers' value creation with innovative ideas. The core of Nitto's life science business consists of contract manufacturing and drug discovery.