COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs
page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.
Why join Stryker? We are proud to be named one the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities. Job Description:
Analyzes, Implements, and monitors company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations. Maintains safety equipment inventory, performs periodic safety inspections, monitors hazardous waste removal vendors, and may assist in consolidating hazardous wastes (chemical, radioactive, and/or medical). Interacting with a variety of departments, conducts training in emergency response and hazardous material handling. Monitors environmental compliance and maintains liaison with appropriate regulatory agencies. Recommends corrective action where environmental health and safety hazards exist. Interacts with others in the administration of the worker's compensation program and the implementation of workplace ergonomics and program solutions. Monitors industrial health compliance.Who we want:
What you'll do:
- Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
- Self-directed innovators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis (JHA's) on new and existing processes
- Prepare and present reports on the status of EHS to stakeholders
- Develop and implement EHS programs
- Monitor incident trends and provide recommendations as an EHS SME
- Maintain waste management requirements and environmental management program
- Lead EHS projects aligned with risk reduction, ergonomic improvements, and waste reduction
- Promote and support a culture of integrity and accountability
- Support the EHS Committee and Global Safety initiatives
- Ensure regulatory compliance with MIOSHA, EGLE, FDA, and other regulatory bodies
- Coordinate training for the local emergency response team
- Perform ergonomic evaluations
- Coordinate industrial hygiene sampling and medical surveillance
- Ensure compliance in authorized radiation worker areas
- Work with team members in a clean room environment
- Bachelors degree: Occupational Safety and Health, Environment, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or related technical degree
- 6+ years of experience
- Environmental experience
- Professional certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM)
- Computer proficiency (Excel, PowerBi, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Experience with ISO 14001/45001
Know someone at Stryker? Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com