Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking a Biologist
at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiativesTASKS/SERVICES
. The contractor shall:
- Execute studies for the evaluation and development of stable formulations for VRC vaccine and biotherapeutic candidates in collaboration with development teams
- Independently generate samples for analysis using standard laboratory techniques (buffer prep, dialysis, dilution, etc.)
- Independently analyze samples employing spectroscopic, calorimetric, and other instrumentation
- Develop assays for vaccine and biotherapeutic characterization in collaboration with senior personnel
- Analyze, collate, and interpret data in collaboration with team members
- Write and review technical reports and protocols documenting formulation, stability, and method development studies
- Present data in small group and department settings
. The contractor must have:
You should know:
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience with protein biochemistry sample handling and analysis (UF/DF, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot)
- Minimum 1-3 2 years of industry, government, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.