Job DescriptionBusiness Need / Purpose of Role:
Under the direction of the Madison Facility Vice President of Operations, this position is responsible for a team approach in developing, implementing, and administration of SHE programs for the Madison facility. Assistance may be required in other locations including Utah, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Texas, California, and Arizona.Objectives & MeasurementKey Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:Objectives:
- Engage and direct employees, SHE team members, and management on minimizing and eliminating workplace risks. Interpret state and federal regulations, including ISO 14001 Environmental and ISO 45001 Health & Safety Standards, following company policies and SHE procedures.
- Develop effective working relationships with site management, employees, and the SHE community to drive continuous improvement in SHE performance.
- Establish, prepare, implement, revise, and maintain policies and procedures to meet current and known future safety, health and environmental requirements.
- Manage and directly responsible for complete multi-media (Air, Water, Storm water/Wastewater, SPCC) environmental compliance.
- Establish procedures for training employees. Create, implement, and continually update safety training. Provide regular safety training to employees in partnership with team leaders and managers on all shifts.
- Prepare and distribute all safety communications. Update all safety manuals, orientation programs, and safety guidelines. Conduct new employee safety orientations. Plan continual SHE self-assessments and audit schedule(s) to maintain all company property in a safe and healthy condition, to achieve the best working conditions possible for all employees.
- Maintain Hazard Communication policy and procedures, including administration of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Maintain ISO14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) and OHSAS 45001 Health & Safety (H&S) requirements.
- Investigate accidents. Review and analyze accident and incident reports to determine root causes. Report solutions for accident prevention.
- Conduct Job Safety Analyses and Risk Assessments to develop safe work procedures on all shifts. Compile data to assess existing processes and practices; determine severity and frequency of problems; identify needs and solutions. Design and implement special programs to correct adverse safety performance trends.
- Identify critical safety awareness aspects for each work area and establish a program to train employees who are coming into these areas from other departments to assist with the workload.
- Plan and conduct facility audits and recommend actions for the correction of hazardous situations. Conduct operational audits of required safety related documentation to ensure compliance. Prepare audit result reports and follow up on remediation required.
- Work with the Human Resources department in the administration of the workers compensation program and return to work program, including communication with providers, insurance carriers, and employees.
- May transport injured employees to and from clinic/hospital when medical treatment is necessary. Work with doctors to get employees back to work the same day or as soon as possible after the incident.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual required reports for safety, health, and environmental, as defined by subject matter expertise.
- Maintain databases and reporting systems for safety training, near-miss records, and other related policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance of local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations. Keep abreast of changes in workers compensation statutes and case law; federal, state and industry occupational standards and codes; and their effect on prevention programs.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Some travel required.
- Comply with all Human Resources Department and Company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Promote and maintain a flexible, cooperative, team oriented, and customer focused attitude within and between departments.
- Responsible for Safety, Health and Environmental management and policy commitments as prescribed for this role in Weirs Duty of Care.
- Effective leadership and coaching skills with a record of success and motivating others.
- Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
YourMembership. Keywords: VP Facilities, Location: Madison, WI - 53716