At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people's lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.IMPORTANT:
In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.Job Summary
We are seeking a Quality Control Analyst I, Microbiology for our Cell-Therapy Manufacturing
site located Memphis, TN
. The Quality Control Analyst I for the QC Microbiology Department will be responsible for performing processing of routine environmental monitoring samples, product-release testing, and raw material testing. The position requires the utmost attention to detail, good organizational skills, computer proficiency, and a basic understanding of microbiology and laboratory instrumentation. In addition, effective communication skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced, highly technical environment with minimal supervision is essential for success.
The following are responsibilities related to the Quality Control Analyst I, Microbiology poistion:
- Supports manufacturing by performing environmental monitoring, plate enumeration and gram stains, vial inspection, and other routine laboratory activities.
- Orders, receives, and stores EM and laboratory supplies.
- Accurately reviews data.
- Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule according to the standard operating procedure and supervisor instructions.
- Performs trending of environmental monitoring data.
- Participates in company sponsored training.
- Initiate and participate in the investigations of EM excursions, non-conformances, or other quality events.
- Interact closely with other departments to ensure efficient, compliant and timely execution of project activities.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Quality Control Analyst I, Microbiology
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- cGMP or work experience in a regulated environment preferred.
- Prior pharmaceutical, CMO, CDMO and hazardous goods experience preferred.
- Gown Qualification/Gown Certification Experience preferred.
- Aseptic technique/handling preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.