Local Unit & Position Description
Are you excited about the opportunities created by the energy transition to decarbonize our economy?
Would you like to be part of a high-performing team that is actively working to address issues relating to climate change and environmental justice?
DNV - Energy System's North America group is seeking a talented Socio-economic Market Consultant or Senior Market Consultant
to join our Markets & Risk team and help energy stakeholders navigate a just energy transition.
As a part of a growing and agile business, our Markets team is looking for a consultant with a broad range of experience in socio-economic planning and impact assessments. You will be instrumental in helping energy companies and investors understand and demonstrate the environmental, social and governance (ESG) value of their energy system investments while promoting a healthy and safe energy transition for all through a diverse range of projects. You will be joining a high-performing team of market, regulatory and technical specialists. In this role, you will lead and coordinate related tasks, and work closely with clients to develop and model comprehensive solutions to solve complex energy challenges.This position may be based out of any DNV US office or remote.What You'll Do
In this multifaceted role, you will rapidly expand your skill set in the energy industry, socio-economic evaluation methods and frameworks, and delivering products that support client needs. You will be responsible for developing and delivering impact assessments, socio-economic assessments, and stakeholder engagement strategies that involve:
Position QualificationsWhat is Required
- Collaborating with colleagues and clients to develop methodologies, models, detailed work plans, researchable questions, and quantitative research tools for socio-economic impact assessment of a diverse set of energy projects
- Undertaking in-depth desktop review of current and relevant literature, data sources and tools. Includes review of relevant literature, policies, plans, programs, and legislative frameworks
- Undertaking fieldwork and analysis, including engagement of stakeholders through a participatory approach, ensuring at-risk communities (income-constrained, historically underrepresented, and vulnerable) are sufficiently engaged during the process
- Participating in market research involving surveys, telephone and in-depth interviews, workshops and focus groups to collect information on socio-economic conditions
- Conducting socio-economic assessments of projects by collecting information on key baseline indicators, variables and parameters and modeling and analyzing the information
- Conducting analyses to determine direct, indirect, and induced job and economic impacts of energy-related projects
- Drafting social monitoring and management plans, when required
- Reporting on socio-economic impacts and value attributable to individual projects, programs, and policies, as applicable
- Working with clients and project teams to develop, deliver and assure ESG goals, outcomes and strategies in order to drive sustainable energy system solutions that achieve positive outcomes for local stakeholders
- Providing solution-based advice to team members and clients on socio-economic issues
- Bachelor's degree. Preferred Master's degree or emphasis in a relevant discipline (Economics, environmental science, social science, public policy, or mathematics)
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated work experience in undertaking socio-economic impact assessments and/or economic modelling
- Experience in the energy sector, social sciences and/or public health is preferred
- Familiarity with analytical methods used to support socio-economic assessments, such as economic input-output modelling, GIS overlay analysis, health impact assessment, and demographic analyses
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Familiarity with statistical analysis packages and economic modeling applications preferred
- Experience estimating indirect, direct, and induced job and economic effects preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact across a broad range of audiences and technical backgrounds including internal and external clients, stakeholders and regulatory agencies
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and inquisitive mindset
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people - clients and co-workers
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 10% of the time
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to rent and drive a car and travel on public conveyances when required
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**How We Do ItWe Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $74,500 - $155,000USD.
Please visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.