We are engineers, high line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians and much, much more. We are 3,300 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the growth and success of our community progress every day!
Deadline to apply:
Open until filledPay Grade
10, 12, 13 & 15Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to support the Environmental & Sustainability Air Quality Compliance group at our downtown headquarters office. The responsibilities include activities to maintain compliance with air emission regulations. The position will be responsible for tracking compliance with Title V air permits, state air permits, regulatory inspections, current and future regulatory reviews, air reporting, and ongoing compliance tracking and recordkeeping. Knowledge of power plant operations and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) air regulations is highly valued.Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure compliance with all of CPS Energy's air permits
- Interpret and implement activities related to new regulations
- Prepare and review permit applications
- Perform monthly calculations to track compliance with permit limits
- Emission allowances and banking programs
- Prepare air annual reports such as Emission Inventories to TCEQ, TRI, and EPA GHG reporting.
- Knowledge of Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS) important
- Review of climate regulations, methane, and nonattainment
- Knowledge of TCEQ air permitting regulations
- Knowledge Title V deviation and excess emission reports
- Analyzes federal, state and local environmental regulations that impact CPS Energy in its planning and/or operations and develops options for compliance with impacted work areas.
- Identifies appropriate measures to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Obtains licensing and/or permitting for bother existing and proposed CPS Energy facilities.
- Develops and manages environmental contracts for Department and user areas.
- Represents CPS Energy by responding to regulatory agencies such as the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as well as responding to inquiries from media and public representatives.
- Prepares, certifies and submits regulatory reports to various Federal and State agencies as required.
- Facilitates/coordinates meetings involving contractors, user areas and management.
- Participates in community activities and trade show events promoting positive customer relations.
- Testifies in public hearings and/or court proceeding cases as an expert witness on environmental issues.
- Manages environmental and/or sustainability project, and/or programs.
- Leads, directs, assesses and develops team members; coordinates job assignments and responsibilities with crews and contractors.
- Provides input in developing environmental awareness conservation and sustainable strategies.
- Maintains current professional, technical and regulatory knowledge through attendance at seminars and workshops and through the reading of industry publications/journals.
- Conducts environmental field investigations, inspections on CPS Energy construction sites and CPS Energy properties.
- Core responsibilities focus on operational/tactical aspects of the organization and some strategic focus.
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters.
- Determines work priorities and procedures to be followed.
- Make frequent, independent decisions and recommendations and develops alternative solutions that will have a moderate impact on the business.
- Participates in and provides input to area budget; works within financial objectives/budget set by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum SkillsMinimum Knowledge and Abilities
Extensive professional environmental experience.Important to this position are: critical thinking, speaking & presenting, technical writing, active listening & learning, coordination, complex problem solving, quality judgment and decision makingProficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and schedulingPreferred Qualifications
- Master of Science degree in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management, Archaeology, Anthropology or related field
- Professional certification: REM, QAP, CEP, PG, CPESC, CESSWI, CISEC or other applicable environmental certification.
- 40 hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Certification preferred
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of environmental rules and regulations
- Ability to develop alternative solutions, prioritize, and complete work projects/assignments on schedule and to achieve Department's goals/objectives with limited supervision
- Ability to deal diplomatically with customers, employees, and all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to handle multiple and/or fluctuating priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Initiative to work independently or as a member of a team, coordinating with others to achieve desired results
Demonstrating InitiativeCommunicates EffectivelyBuilding and Supporting TeamsDriving Continuous ImprovementEvaluating and Implementing IdeasServing CustomersMinimum Education
Bachelors of Science degree in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physical Science, Environmental Science or related field from an accredited university.Required CertificationsWorking Environment
Work is performed indoors & outdoors. Manual dexterity, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion. Use of computing equipment, telephone, & printer/copier. Ability to travel to and from business related events. After hours work may be required.Physical Demands
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.