Our Paint and Coating client is looking for a Remote/Hybrid Life Cycle Assessment Specialist for a 1 year contract in Monroeville, PA. You will work within the in-house Product Sustainability Community of Expertise (CoE) to assist in the development processes, tools, and technical expertise as well as perform life cycle analysis (LCA), Environmental Product Declarations (EDPs), Health Product Declarations (HPDs), and carbon/environmental footprints for their products to support the businesses and customers.Responsibilities
- Conduct LCA modeling in SimaPro or similar LCA database to meet LCA requirements of our businesses.
- Contribute to the development of specifications for the design and prototyping of an LCA toolset and other product declarations.
- Conduct a variety of life cycle analyses to support the delivery of sustainability solutions, e.g. corporate organizational and/or product environmental footprinting
- Prepare clear and compelling reports, presentations of analyses, and recommendations for businesses
- At least 5-7 years of experience in LCA modeling relevant to climate change impacts and benefits within corporate value chains
- Degree in environmental science or similar discipline, with a specialization in LCA
- Familiarity with LCA databases (e.g., Simipro, Ecoinvent, etc.) and in-depth knowledge of database management
- Familiarity with LCA standards & guidelines (e.g., Product Category Rules (PCRs), ISO 14040/44)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Works independently and on schedule
- Attention to detail and quality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.