SMIT Salvage's track record is extensive and has many leading insurers are customers. SMIT Salvage has specialized equipment and expert personnel and is able to respond to incidents worldwide 24/7. This is done from four locations strategically located to the major international shipping routes: Rotterdam, Houston, Cape Town and Singapore. The offices provide a 24-hour link to customers, ships, Boskalis Group offices and agents around the world. The system guarantees an immediate response and fast service. In addition, SMIT Salvage can rely on an extensive worldwide network of cooperation agreements with partners and suppliers.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.u00a0u00a0
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
As a Salvage Dive Foreman, you will make your mark by contributing to the operational part of emergency responses and wreck removals worldwide. Teamwork is key in salvage activities, which take place both under and above water. The work consists of miscellaneous tasks like welding and cargo handling but also work on deck.
As a Salvage Dive Foreman, you will be working for SMIT Salvage, one of the largest salvage companies in the world and part of the Boskalis Westminster N.V. and working closely with agents worldwide. SMIT Salvage has an extensive track record and its clients include many leading insurers.
Your responsibilities as Salvage Dive Foreman
- As part of the mobile salvage team, your primary role is preparing and supervising dive and other salvage activities directed by the Salvage Master.
- Developing the operational dive plan and the dive contingency plan.
- Briefing the divers with regards to the operational dive plan, the dive hazards and the contingency plan.
- Ensuring of the safety of the dive operations.
- Ensuring quality and quantity of dive equipment.
- Executing other salvage activities such as: welding, cargo handling or deck support.
You can make your mark as Salvage Dive Foreman if you have:u00a0
- A valid Medical Dive Certificate.
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
- Minimum of 4 years operational salvage dive experience
- Preferably good eyesight.
You are open to work on weekends and public holidays frequently, with OT and allowances compensated.
What you can expect
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Smit Salvage!
- Your team: As a Salvage Dive Foreman you will work for SMIT Salvage Houston. You will work for one of the largest salvage companies in the world. You are part of a team of 4 Salvage Divers. You will also work with various other colleagues who are part of the Salvage team.
- Where you will work: You will work at our location in Houston and at project locations worldwide.
- Full-time: The Salvage Dive Foreman position is full-time (40 hours per week).
- Procedure: You can easily apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and cover letter. You will always receive an immediate confirmation of receipt by e-mail. It is not possible to apply by email, the contact form or by post. Depending on the position, we invite you for two or more job interviews. If you have successfully completed all steps, you will receive an offer from us and we would like to welcome you to Smit Salvage Houston!
Interested? Apply by filling in your details and uploading your CV and cover letter on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We donu2019t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we donu2019t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.