WI KenoshaJob Type:
Environmental Health & SafetyJob Posting Title:
Mgr, Environment Health & SafetyJob Description:
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager will provide Safety, Environmental and strategic direction by leading and supporting operations efforts to identify, eliminate and reduce exposures to create a safe and compliant work environment.
As an integral member of the Plant Management Team, the EH&S Manager will support and advise site management regarding the TreeHouse Safety Management system. The candidate will formulate a proactive, local EHS strategy that drives the plant to become safe, compliant and sustainable, operationally. The EH&S Manager will lead the effort to eliminate, prevent, or reduce the occurrence of safety, health and medical issues.
The Environment, Health & Safety Manager will act as a change agent to accelerate best practice sharing within the facility. The candidate will serve as the site primary regulatory agency liaison for all agency communications representative for Health and Safety.Position Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Works as a Subject Matter Expert to develop and implement site specific policies and programs to ensure the facility is following safety and health requirements in accordance with federal/state/local regulatory and Company requirements. (OSHA, EPA and TreeHouse Foods standards)
- Manages daily activities to ensure interaction with facility management team, team leaders, and facility employees in order to increase awareness and education levels regarding safe and compliant work.
- Assures the plants EHS Improvement Plan is appropriate and executed.
- Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Perform job site analysis to determine employee and property exposures, and institute safe work practices.
- Conducts daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions.
- Maintains all site required documentation related to health and safety programs (i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, corrective action logs, training records, etc.)
- Oversees hazardous waste control and disposal activities including training, collection, disposal, and records maintenance and for conservation programs within the organization.
- Coordinates Environmental duties including; SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan), NPDES (National Pollution Discharge Elimination System) Permit, Internal/External Environmental Audits, Air Pollution Permit, Air Quality Inspections, Dust Collector Reports, Hazardous Waste, TIER II Report Corporate Environmental Audit and present annual training.
- Supports property inspection process and closure of loss prevention findings.
- Monitors and supports security-related events.
- Participates in claims management program with HR team.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in environment, health and safety, and/or sustainability management.
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations (OSHA, hazard communications, accident investigation and safety training methods, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of industry best practice regarding safety and environmental management practices with PSM & RMP.
- B.S. degree in safety management, environmental health, or related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- Food and Beverage experience preferred.
- THIS IS NOT A REMOTE ROLE
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1