Clean Harbors in Buttonwillow, CA is looking for an Environmental Lab Chemist
to join their safety conscious team. The Environmental Lab Chemist is responsible for the routine analysis of hazardous waste samples received at our landfill facility to determine their chemical and physical properties.Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Perform basic analysis of waste samples following prescribed procedures;
- Calibrate and utilize basic instrumentation;
- Maintain equipment under direct supervision;
- Complete all paperwork associated with the analyses (ex., calibration logs, run logs, etc.);
- Ensure that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines;
- Manage waste generated as a result of analytical procedures;
- Maintain a safe working environment that is in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company Health & Safety and Compliance protocols;
- Reviews all applicable laboratory SOPs on an annual basis;
- Adhere to all applicable Clean Harbors' policies and SOPs;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management;
- Run samples on Bulk and drum wastes;
- Manage waste as a result of analytical to proper disposal methods.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related science preferred;
- 1+ years' experience in a laboratory setting preferred;
- Environmental, industrial or hazardous waste experience preferred;
- Solid understanding of math, chemistry and chemical testing;
- 24- or 40-hour OSHA training and annual updates preferred;
- Good organizational skills, decisiveness and initiative;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.Join our safety focused team today!
To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
C lean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.