Atlas Molded Products
is seeking anEnvironmental Health & Safety Manager
for theByron center, MIfacility
.Safety Manager Primary Responsibilities
Safety Manager Experience
- Manage and support the safety, health, and environmental regulatory compliance programs with technical and leadership engagement including coordinating, facilitating, and delivering training as needed.
- Manage compliance with and foster strong relationships as needed with local, state, and federal agencies including but not limited to; MOSHA, MDEGLE, OSHA, EPA.
- Assist site leadership with the incident reporting and analysis process and the implementation of corrective actions to prevent the reoccurrence of injuries.
- Facilitates inspection of facilities/worksites to detect existing or potential health, safety, and/or environmental hazards. Determines corrective or preventative measures and works with operations managers to ensure the implementation of corrective actions.
- Be a leader in driving continuous improvement.
- Able to understand and execute processes including recognizing customer needs, communicating process changes, measuring and assessing success, and identifying areas of improvement
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding company/division policies, procedures, and programs. Support all functions of the organization to guide Atlas's Best in Class Safety.
- Manage and support programs to achieve annual goals and objectives as defined
- Support the management of injury prevention, workers' compensation, and medical management as needed.
- Support the AMP Division environmental health & safety audit.
Safety Manager Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of five (5) years of safety and environmental experience in a manufacturing environment
Safety Manager Education, Licenses & Certifications
- Management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Must be able to learn and understand the manufacturing processes, quality and safety standards, equipment operations, safety requirements, and departmental procedures necessary to lead and troubleshoot within the area of responsibility.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization in supporting the safety health and environmental management system.
- Highly effective presenter and trainer for all audiences
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent in Safety, Health, and Environmental, or related field
Safety Manager Additional Information
- Professional certification (CEM, CSM, ASP, CSP, etc.) highly preferred
- General manufacturing environment. Personal protective equipment is required in warehouse and manufacturing environments.
- Frequently required to talk, hear, sit, and use hand to finger (key or write), handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Up to 20% travel as needed.
Atlas Roofing Corporation
- Atlas Molded Productsoffers a competitive compensation and vacation/holiday package as well as a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life/AD&D/LTD insurance, 401k and Medical & Dependent Care Spending Accounts.
is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer No calls or agencies please. IND3