AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Geologist for employment in the Cincinnati, Ohio office.
This position is expected to begin December 2021/January 2022.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Project Field and Office Support for Site Assessment and Remediation Projects.
- Perform field sampling activities and become proficient with field instrumentation and equipment.
- Work on interesting, fast-paced projects with the opportunity to learn and expand skills.
- Analytical data analysis.
- Report preparation.
- Evaluation of alternatives.
- Data summaries.
- Inspection and classification of geologic materials.
- Field sampling for soil, soil vapor and groundwater is required in a variety of environmental settings.
- Strong written and verbal communication, technical writing, and organization skills
- Field work is 80-90% of this position.
- Travel (up to several weeks at a time) is required.
- BS/BA degree in Geology, Geological Sciences, Hydrogeology or a related field with broad coursework in the sciences.
- Valid U.S. Driver's License.
- Ability and eagerness to perform field activities and work under the direction of a senior geologist.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety.
- This position may be subject to a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Record Screening.
- Relocation assistance and/or per diem is not offer for this position.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 252971BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.