Senior Scientist, Discovery BiologyJob Description:
We are seeking a highly motivated and outstanding individual to join our Discovery Biology group as a Senior Scientist. The selected candidate will work within a fast-paced and innovative research team to drive cutting-edge oligonucleotide drug discovery programs.
The successful candidate will be an innovative thinker and will implement strategic designs and execute independent experiments using tissue culture and animal models. The candidate will work independently and will apply advanced scientific principles and concepts to effectively solve difficult problems in multiple disease areas and achieve project-related company objectives. Responsibilities:
- Execute experiments that contribute to the advancement of discovery programs by developing cell-based assays, by designing in vivo studies and by performing ex vivo biomarker analyses to validate MOA and efficacy of lead candidates.
- Design, monitor and support technical transfer of methods for external studies performed at Contract Research Organizations.
- Work interactively with research teams to identify, validate, and characterize cell-based assays and animal models that directly address drug discovery and program validation.
- Communicate experimental outcomes and data analysis in real time to help derive conclusions and planning for next steps.
- Interpret, summarize and present research findings at internal and external scientific meetings.
- Ph.D degree in cell biology or pharmacology.
- Expertise and ability to lead new drug discovery programs to advance programs from target validation to clinical candidate selection.
- Essential laboratory skills include tissue culture of established cell lines and primary cells, and animal handling.
- Knowledge in neurosciences, liver diseases and/or gene editing technologies is a plus.
- Strong track record of productivity in drug research as demonstrated by publications in top tier scientific journals.
- The successful candidate must be collaborative with a team-oriented mindset, self-motivated, detail oriented and have an excellent problem-solving ability with strong oral and written communication skills.
ADARx Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a genetic medicine company focusing on base editing of mRNA transcripts and oligonucleotide-based therapeutics. We discover and develop innovative therapeutics that can precisely target mRNA. Our mission is to turn science into lifesaving therapeutics.
We are well-financed by a syndicate of renowned health care VC firms, and our research facility is located in San Diego, California.