About Oshkosh Defense, an Oshkosh companyOshkosh Defense stands behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. As an industry-leading tactical vehicle manufacturer, every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.ABOUT US:
Founded in 1917, Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company employing over 14,000 people worldwide. Oshkosh Corporation leads the way in manufacturing and marketing the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment and is proud to work shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them. Oshkosh products can be found in more than 150 countries under the brands of JLG®, Pierce®, Oshkosh® Defense, McNeilus®, IMT®, Jerr-Dan®, Frontline™, Oshkosh® Airport Products, London™ and Pratt Miller. We are proud to have been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies (2016-2021) and World's Best Employer of 2020 by Forbes, and a Military Friendly Employer (Victory Media, 2017-2021).
At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Oshkosh Defense is proud to be developing the Next Generation Delivery Vehicle for the United States Postal Service (USPS). We are dedicated to meeting or exceeding our customers' ever-changing delivery vehicle needs with next generation technologies and advanced systems. Oshkosh operates with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
We're on a mission to find strong, caring, and passionate team members to join our Oshkosh family. Connect with the team that has made a difference in people's lives for the last 100 years and will continue to for decades to come. Become a part of our environment where people are empowered, involved, developed and connected; to support our mission critical customers and communities where we live and work. Let's build something meaningful together!ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an energetic and passionate leader to develop and build upon our world class safety and environmental stewardship culture in a fast-paced manufacturing setting. As the Safety & Environmental Manager, you will lead a small support staff and be a member of the site leadership team. You will be responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the Safety and Environmental programs at the Spartanburg facility. At Oshkosh safety is an uncompromised value, and the safety of our team members and protecting the communities in which we live is paramount.
- Lead the facility in our Safety Management System (SMS) journey as we strive for SC OSHA VPP STAR certification.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with local and state environmental regulators and SC OSHA.
- Assess and improve loss prevention programs and partner with the Facilities Manager on FM Global risk management.
- Professionally develop the safety and environmental staff, along with Operations team members.
- Provide direction and guidance regarding implementation and maintenance of all health, safety, and environmental related programs.
- Assist Management with the development and implementation of an accountability program for both management and production personnel
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local guidelines regarding health, safety, and environmental programs
- Responsible for the management of contract security personnel
- Responsible for environmental facility plans being updated, maintained, and followed. This includes but may not be limited to State Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan, Air Malfunction Plan, RCRA Contingency Plan, etc.
- Responsible for the management of hazardous waste, solid waste, sludge, oils, universal waste, and other wastes in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Responsible for monthly/weekly record keeping of Title V air permit data, tank inspections, hazardous waste accumulation area, etc.
- Responsible for air emission, hazardous waste, Tier II, and Form R reporting
- Ensure training is completed to satisfy applicable environmental (RCRA, SPCC, Hazardous Waste, Spill Response) and safety requirements.
- Represent the facility during interactions and inspections by government environmental and safety agencies.
- Ensure sustainability goals around energy conservation and waste diversion as set by Corporate Environmental Team are focus of yearly goals.
WHAT MAKES YOU EXCEL:
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental/Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, or another related field
- Experience with EPA, State and Local regulations including monthly data management and annual reporting
- 7-10+ years safety leadership experience and environmental regulations management
- Manufacturing experience
- Air permitting experience
- CSP, CHMM, CIH, or PE
- Experience with OSHA's VPP Program
- Experience preparing environmental documents for air, water, wastewater, and hazardous waste reporting
- Exhibit strong leadership and project management skills
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or email@example.com.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.