Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Junior Environmental Scientist in Las Cruces, NM
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro's success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This position will support our work at the NASA White Sands Test Facility (WSTF), which is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), New Mexico Environment Department (NMED), Federal Executive Orders, and NASA agency environmental policy and guidelines. The White Sands Test Facility is Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regulated facility and operates under various air permits and wastewater discharge permits.
The Jr. Environmental Scientist will be responsible for ensuring compliance with environmental Federal, State and NASA regulations related to the RCRA requirements.
- Ensure RCRA compliance related to hazardous waste, universal waste, and used oil.
- Demonstrate familiarity with RCRA permit compliance and requirements.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of 49 CFR Department of Transportation requirements related to hazardous waste and hazardous material shipments.
- Conduct waste characterization, review and interpret laboratory reports to make waste determinations, and accurately characterize waste.
- Prepare and review onsite waste profiles for RCRA regulated waste streams.
- Record/file associated inspection reports and compliance documentation.
- Support onsite waste management activities related to environmental investigations, restoration projects and corrective actions.
- Perform weekly regulatory inspections for RCRA regulated waste accumulation areas and assist with waste sampling and other field sampling activities as required.
- Participate in cross training and execute work assignments across a diverse range of multi-media regulatory compliance activities related to air compliance, natural and cultural resources, drinking water system oversite, and wastewater discharge permit management.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or related field.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Previous experience at a RCRA regulated Federal facility is preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and ESRI ArcGIS products is preferred.
- Skills and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute plans to satisfy them.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)