Intermediate ESG Consultant - ( 21000125 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Climate Change & Sustainability group is dedicated to helping our clients with Environment Social Governance and climate change issues professionally and proactively. Our professional engineers and scientists provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including mining, manufacturing, industry, transportation, and government. We offer a full suite of services including ESG, Greenhouse Gas emission quantification and verification, climate change adaptation and planning, as well as planning and policy studies.
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate ESG Consultant to join our team in our Toronto or other Ontario office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Development of ESG programs and strategy for clients
- Collaborate with client corporate ESG professionals
- Present to various audiences, at times with client C-suite
- Synthesis and presentation of data
- Preparation of sustainability briefings, strategy, action planning and public sustainability reports
- Providing direction, mentorship, and support to junior staff in areas of your expertise.
- Prepare proposals and scoping of projects
- Stay up to date on industry trends and reporting frameworks
- Collaborate with colleagues to grow our ESG offerings and client base
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with external sustainability reporting frameworks and standards (e.g. Global Reporting Initiative, SASB, CDP), monitoring trends, evaluating changes/impacts
- Experience with Task force on Climate-Related Financial disclosures
- Experience developing public sustainability and climate change reports
- Strong facilitation and engagement experience/knowledge considered an asset
- Strong quantitative and computer skills with Microsoft Office software needed.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Flexibility in scheduling is required for occasional travel
- Must be business oriented and have a natural inclination to understand how things work, to fix things, to find ways around problems and to jump from problem to problem
- Must be at ease with simple as well as complex tasks, practical and intellectual tasks.
- Be a results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree relevant to the role
5-8 years of related experience necessary, or relevant post graduate degree in lieu of work experience.
Experience consulting on ESG issues and developing ESG strategies
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Environmental Scientist
Organization : BC-1609 Environmental Services-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 5, 2021, 9:17:27 AM
Req ID: 21000125
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans