JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim's, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The primary responsibility of this role is coordinating environmental compliance across all 5 pork processing facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep current with existing and proposed environmental regulations and industry solutions
- Ensure plants meet local, state, and federal environmental regulations and do not miss regulatory deadlines for permits, plans, reports, etc.
- Mentor/train environmental staff and others on environmental regulations
- When necessary, investigate areas of noncompliance and implement changes to improve environmental compliance.
- Work with plant environmental teams to identify best practices, areas of opportunity, and drive continual improvement in environmental processes including the waste water treatment process.
- Investigate and recommend new technology
- Participate in design and development of all waste water related projects
- Arrange to have appropriate records prepared and maintained
- Attend meetings as needed or called
- Conduct annual corporate environmental audit
- Help the facilities analyze data including energy tracking and oversee best management practices weekly report
- Conduct a monthly environmental call with all the plants sharing items
- Help to make sure actions around sustainability goals are complete
- Perform various other duties as needed or as assigned
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Travel as required, estimate 40%
- Frequent communication with all plant departments, external vendors, and government officials
- Organized and detail oriented
- Manage priorities and dynamic deadlines
- Efficient time management, ability to multitask
- Willing to work off production hours including weekends and holidays as necessary
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels both internal and external
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Environmental Engineering, Biology, or related field required
- Previous experience in industrial waste water treatment and environmental compliance required
- Computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate large projects
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $85K-$110K and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company's annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.