Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares and submits all required environmental permit applications/renewals and routine agency reports, e.g., air emissions, water and waste water, hazardous/toxic waste, spills and releases, hazardous material/substance inventories
- Reviews plant environmental permits and ensures terms and conditions are understood and complied with, ensures required documentation is maintained and required regulatory reports are submitted to the respective agency, e.g., air discharge permits, storm water discharge permits, local waste water permits
- Develops/maintains plant emergency response plans and ensures drills are performed to document plan effectiveness. May serve as the plant emergency coordinator.
- Investigates environmental incidents/accidents to determine root causes and prepares and implements corrective action plans
- Manages all plant waste disposal activity to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Evaluates proposed projects and proposed new chemicals and ensures plans are in-place and implemented to address EHS compliance issues
- Ensures required employee environmental training is completed on time and documented.
- Determine new acquisition environmental status through Phase I -II research
- Involvement in Greenfield facility planning to determine environmental impact of project.
- Communication Proficiency
- Computer skills/Microsoft Office
- Organizational skills
- Process Improvement
- Decision Making
- Time management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking and listening. This position requires the employee to frequently stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This is largely a sedentary role.
Required Education and Experience
- This is a full-time salary position, and hours of work and days are typically 7:00am-4:00pm and include a one hour lunch break
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution or at least seven years work experience in the environmental field.
Pre-employment drug screen required.