As an Associate Microbiologist on our R&D Food Safety team, you will analyze and study the general properties of bacteria and other microorganisms in both food and food processing environments through applied research and routine testing at our Corporate Microbiology Laboratory. May conduct multiple tests to assess that quality specifications have been met. Conduct analyses in an accurate and cost-effective manner according to the written laboratory methods, quality control standards and practices, and safety practices and procedures. You will have limited rotational weekend work in the lab and limited travel to our plant locations. You will report to a Principal Microbiologist.
* Help maintain requirements for ISO 17025. (International Organization for Standardization, global quality standard for testing and calibration laboratories)
* Help in the development, writing and updating of, laboratory standard operating practices and approved procedures
* Participate in the API proficiency program
* Analyze ingredients, products, and related samples for spoilage and pathogenic microorganisms
* Plan and conduct applied research projects such as shelf life studies, challenge studies and other special projects upon request
* Analyze new methods for detecting, enumerating and identifying microorganisms of concern
* Perform other assorted tasks related to quality assurance, research, and laboratory operations as assigned
* Guide and help laboratory technicians
* Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory data and notebooks
* Maintain and calibrate instruments and equipment and maintain a clean laboratory environment
* Prepare and edit technical reports
* Stay current with relevant scientific literature, perform literature searches
* BS Degree with major studies in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, Biochemistry or related field
* 1+ year related laboratory experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
* Basic knowledge of food safety, food development processes, and aseptic technique
* Experience following technical procedures
* Experience collecting and analyzing data, drawing conclusions based on facts, and writing concise reports
Our Modern Workplace
Conagra's culture of collaboration enhances our ability to meet critical business goals, deliver value to customers and consumers and provide you with the flexibility you need to achieve a better work-life balance. We carefully consider each role and how often each team member needs to collaborate in-person. This position requires you work from our Omaha office/lab up to 5 days a week.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
* Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
* Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
* Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
* Balance: paid-time off, paternal leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team thats passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye, Marie Callender's , Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=2940510-1&h=2999397156&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.conagrabrands.com%2F&a=www.conagrabrands.com) .
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.