Vice President, Head of BiologyDepartment: BiologyReports to: CEO/CSALocation: New Haven, CT? Please Note: Documentation of COVID vaccination consistent with current CDC and FDA guidelines is required for all employees of SIDUMA About Siduma
Siduma Therapeutics, founded by innovator Dr. Craig Crews, is leveraging extensive heterobifunctional molecule expertise to build a new, disruptive therapeutic platform targeting disease causing proteins. Siduma has assembled an exceptional leadership team and board with deep expertise in platform and drug development as well as company building. The company has recently closed a series A financing round with industry-leading investors. Qualified candidates seeking a highly mission-driven and collaborative culture along with cutting edge science are encouraged to apply for our open roles.The Role
The Vice President (VP) of Biology will play a wide-ranging role in establishing and expanding Siduma's new therapeutic platform, and in the discovery and progression of novel agents into clinical trials.
This individual will be a key leader in the organization, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Science Advisor (Dr Crews) and have a broad scope of responsibility, spanning in vitro and in vivo biology efforts, as well as external resources and collaborative activities, and contribute to all stages of heterobifunctional molecule drug discovery and development.
This will require that the candidate has 15+ years of experience progressing therapeutic programs into the clinic. An affinity for discovery biology and basic science is of critical importance, and experience with both small molecule and biologics discovery is highly preferred, along with perspective gained in a number of successful biopharma companies
The VP will be adept at working in a data-driven and goal-oriented environment where teamwork and efficient decision making are of the essence. In addition to line management responsibilities, the VP will be expected to influence overall Company strategy and engage with key external partners.
We are seeking a candidate who is excited by new disruptive technologies and a flexible, fast moving, scientific environment.Responsibilities
Requirements + Qualifications
- Using an approach grounded in objectivity and scientific rigor, plan and oversee the execution of all internal and external biology activities focused on the development of Siduma's novel platform and translating it into drugs for the benefit of patients suffering from debilitating diseases.
- Provide leadership, strategic oversight, resource management, and organizational framework to ensure timely decision making on projects.
- Identify, support, manage and develop talent among team; act as a resource and mentor to team members by providing guidance, instruction, feedback, and ongoing coaching; encourage visionary thinking. Value the advancement of our programs and our people.
- Preserve and promote a model of crisp decision making to expeditiously advance the Siduma platform and progress high quality agents into clinical trials.
- Professionally represent the organization externally in collaborations and conferences, board of directors and scientific advisory board meetings.
- PhD in Biological Sciences, with 15+ years of industry experience working in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology field on small molecule and/or biologics programs
- Extensive track-record of leading drug discovery programs through to clinical trials and adopting highly innovative approaches to answering complex biological questions
- History of publications and conference presentations
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced matrix management structure to influence programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead through others and develop emerging leaders within organization
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively with potential corporate partners/external collaborators
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to think logically and critically
- Ability to successfully participate in a highly-creative and enthusiastic start-up environment with people who are motivated to succeed together as a team
- Exemplify a patient-first focus, courage, integrity, drive, and respect for all team members
- Understands related disciplines (preclinical pharmacology, drug safety and pharmaceutical sciences, etc.).
- Experienced in prioritization and efficient deployment of capital and human resources towards attainment of key milestones
- Demonstrated effective negotiating and influencing skills with interpersonal, leadership, and team player skills. Commitment to high-quality research and the execution in a timely and organized manner
- Strong written and communication skills; and an ability to work effectively with a diverse team of co-workers in a dynamic fast-paced environment