Technical Requirements: Biologist
• Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques with an emphasis on antibody detection and characterization assays such as ELISA, MSD, and neutralization assays. Tasks may also include mammalian cell culture, transfections, western blotting, and protein purification.
• Independently follow written and oral guidance working individually or in a team-oriented environment.
• Work on diverse projects with an ability to prioritize as appropriate based on guidance from senior staff.
• Maintain careful laboratory records including written lab notebooks and well-organized online data files
• Analyze data, summarize and generate presentations in an appropriate format.
• Contribute to laboratory maintenance and organization including sample inventories and data files.
• Assist in troubleshooting and calibrating various laboratory equipment and instruments.
• Assist in evaluating the validity of laboratory data; assess deviations in the experimental workflow in accordance with established protocols, previous training, or accepted laboratory practices.
• Assists in training others in basic laboratory and departmental procedures.
• Work with scientists, reagent and media suppliers, equipment sales representatives, instrument repairers, etc.
• Participate in laboratory meetings and maintain compliance with current institute laboratory and safety guidelines
• Bachelor's degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
• Demonstrated experience working in a BSL-2 laboratory environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
• Demonstrated knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
• 3-8 years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
• Experience with immunoassays including ELISA and neutralization assays is highly desired.