DAVENPORT is seeking to fill an Environmental Project Manager position in our Wilmington, NC or Raleigh, NC office. Our company has established solid partnerships and is recognized as one of the industry's top engineering firms. As Environmental Project Manager, you will maintain those solid partnerships by overseeing environmental field investigations, monitoring activities, and the preparation of technical reports. You will also be responsible for overseeing over $2million of existing projects with our United States Military partners. Your demonstrated experience with petroleum, chlorinated solvents, PFAS/emerging contaminants, or hazardous waste related contaminated sites is essential. You must have strong technical, communication, budget, and time management skills along with the ability to make informed and professional judgments. Your job primarily focuses on the compliance aspect in the Environmental Department.The position will be based out of our Wilmington, NC or Raleigh, NC offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects from beginning to completion, including management of budgets, schedule, staffing capacity, and client management.
- Prepare scope & fee proposals for contracts.
- Preparation o
- f technical reports that support regulatory requirements.
- Perform QA/QC checks on reports, tables, and figures to ensure agreeance with guidelines established by the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ)
- Oversee collection of soil and groundwater samples for laboratory analysis.
- Provide guidance and training for junior team members.
- Support business development efforts as a technical lead.
- Maintain client satisfaction & confidentiality.
- Maintain a strong business relationship with our partners.
- Able to find the YES in challenging/stressful situations
- Bachelor's Degree in Geology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field from an accredited university
- 5+ years' experience environmental compliance, geology, environmental engineering, and/or environmental science.
- PG or PE preferred
- Project Management experience required.
- Knowledge of the NCDEQ Division of Waste Management Guidelines and Regulations preferred
- OSHA 40 HR HAZWOPER training preferred
- Experience with ArcGIS preferred
- Team player, ability to train, guide, and work well with colleagues.
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
- Primary service area will be the Raleigh, NC area or the Wilmington, NC area. Some travel required, less than 15%. Travel would consist of mostly site visits and meetings.
The Environmental Project Manager will report directly to the Planning and Environmental Director.*This position will be open until filled.