Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
- Develop a deep understanding of the value our short-term oil & refined product solutions provide, the sectors they operate in and the customers buying cycles
- Successfully demonstrate how our solutions provide real-time information on relevant supply and demand constraints in the North American & European oil markets
- Pro-actively maximize the commercial growth of the portfolio while working directly with sales and marketing organizations
- Understand product roadmap and look to position new solutions to customers ahead of buying cycles to maximize success
- Partner closely with Research and Product teams to aid in development roadmap as well as gathering relevant competitive intelligence
- Represents Wood Mackenzie in the market and look to expand brand recognition and be an advocate for Lens and our other solutions in the market
- Effective client engagement and understanding of critical client business growth potential and how the Short-Term Oil suite of products supports the client's growth
- Effective teamwork with the broader organization to include marketing, training, client services, research and consulting
- Effectively manage the business pipeline to ensure accurate salesforce forecasting
About you and how you can excel in the role
- Have min 5 years of experience in an oil market analytics role for a trading or research organization
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required
- Firm understanding of the structure and dynamics of the global commodity markets and how the Wood Mackenzie Short Term Analytics (formerly Genscape) products can inform strategic decision making
- Ability to relate products to trading scenarios for short term traders and other short-term workflows
- Experience in a sales support role a plus
- Develop a deep understanding of customer workflows and needs of our energy clients
- Experience working closely with Product development, and iterative development of solutions. Ideally have a track record of forward selling solutions
- Ability to develop relationships from a C-suite level down to end users and work with clients who have complex and often global organization structures
- Demonstrate competency in planning and executing a long-term commercial strategy while also being able to deliver on short-term targets
- Have a proven track record in collaborating with different internal teams to achieve commercial success
- You are entrepreneurial, driven by business performance and motivated by growth - you love looking for and pursuing new business opportunities, or grow existing accounts
- Demonstrate outstanding judgment in resource utilization and optimization
- Be passionate about growing the business and have a genuine interest in developing and growing themselves
- Have an intellectual curiosity and aptitude towards the growing fields of data and data analytics and how these tools help clients solve business critical issues
- Show effective organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage own workload effectively
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses' government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.